NFDA Needs You!
Whether you are new to dressage or a seasoned pro, whether you ride competitively, just for personal enjoyment or not at all, there are many opportunities for you to get involved as an NFDA volunteer. Previous horse show experience is not required for most roles and there is no better way to get a free education in dressage show competition.
As an NFDA show volunteer you will be able to learn, first-hand, what goes on behind the scenes at a horse show, what Judges look for in scoring a ride and – perhaps best of all – get to know your fellow dressage enthusiasts.
And finally, there is the real satisfaction of knowing that your contribution of time and “sweat equity” has been invaluable in helping your association put on a first-class dressage competition that we can all be proud of. What’s not to like?!
The Volunteer Process – How Does it Work?
Identification of prospective volunteers:
- Indicate your volunteer preference on your show registration form, and/or...
- Respond to the e-mail call for volunteers (sent to all members 7 – 10 days before show), and/or...
- Contact your Volunteer Coordinator directly.**
- The volunteer list for each show will be posted on the NFDA website along with ride times for each competition. Be sure to check your volunteer assignment as well as your ride times in advance of the show date.
- Final confirmation: you will receive an e-mail confirmation reminder shortly before the show date. If, for any reason you need to make a schedule change, cancel or are unsure about your assignment, please notify the Volunteer Coordinator ASAP!
- Sign in at the show office the morning of the show (to ensure that you receive credit for your volunteer points). Be sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before the first ride in your assigned ring is scheduled to begin.
- Ready, set...GO!